September 1, 2022
September is here which means fall is near! This month at Cypress Springs our leaders are learning about Habit 1: Be Proactive. This habit focuses on the following key principles: responsibility, choice, accountability, initiative, and resourcefulness. We teach the children that “I am in charge of me and I choose how to think, behave, act, and treat others”. Another component of being proactive is focusing on the things we can control rather than the things we cannot.
1. We have an annual fee for student field trips and other grade-level activities. The Grade Level Activity Fees are $35.00 for PK-5th grade Please pay on the District Webstore on or before October 31. *Camp Champions for 5th grade is a separate fee.
2. Mark your calendars for a Staff/Student Holiday Monday, September 5th. Enjoy the 3-day weekend!
3. September 6 is our first 22-23 Principal Coffee Talk from 8 am- 9 am! Come learn about our Mission, Vision, and Core Beliefs at CSE!
4. If you are planning on attending the first home football game, please review this information regarding stadium expectations. Go Tigers!
5. CSE Birthday Book Club!! A birthday is a special time in a child's life. This year, at Cypress Springs Elementary, we would like to give you the opportunity to honor your child on his/her birthday by donating a book to our CSE library! Please click here for more information!
6. Subs’ R’ Us training is on September 8th at 9 am. This volunteer program supports our teachers as they plan exciting and exceptional learning experiences for our students. Trained volunteers are guest teachers in classrooms for up to 3 hours while the teachers collaborate. Join us if you are interested in supporting our classroom teachers! If you are unable to attend, you are able to attend a training session at another campus. See here for dates!
7. Join us for Parent Orientation on September 15, 2022. This event is for parents to learn about the grade level and classroom expectations (PK and Kindergarten hosted their orientation on August 10). We hope to see you there!
1st and 2nd grade 5:00-5:45 PM
3rd and 4th grade 5:50- 6:35 PM
5th grade 6:40- 7:25 PM
8. Registration for the new UIL season is now open for students in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, & 5th grades! Please click on this UIL Flyer to find information about the events being offered and the dates for practices and meets. Register for UIL Here from August 25-September 15. We're so excited to get the season started soon!
9. Mark your calendars for Kids Invite Someone Special (K.I.S.S.) Day at CSE! We invite someone special to attend ART, MUSIC, and PE during your child’s Essential Area time. Please bring your ID to be scanned in and plan accordingly for wait times to check-in. Thank you!
Essential Area Time
10. Save the date! Fall School Pictures are scheduled for October 6!
11. Gifted and Talented Information Night is Coming Soon! Click here for details.
12. Please send attendance notifications to email@example.com to report your child’s absence. Please take a moment to review the following information regarding the importance of school attendance. Attendance impacts student achievement.
13. CSE PTA Updates - September 1, 2022
- Class Shirts & Spirit Gear ORDERS DUE TOMORROW (9/2)! Class shirts are worn for field trips and other school events. Show your school spirit with Spirit Gear designs.
- Join CSE PTA! Joining PTA supports our students, teachers, and families - with no commitment to volunteer. Through the DSISD PTA Membership Store, you can also join multiple school PTAs through Tiger Tracks (following feeder patterns for elementary, middle, and high school) or Tiger's Roar (all 8 schools - great for businesses and community partners).
- PTA Reflections kicks off on Monday, September 12 - students are encouraged to tap into their creativity in the categories of: visual arts, photography, literature, music composition, film production, and dance choreography. Local school entries can advance to district, state, and national levels of recognition. For more information, go to https://www.txpta.org/
- Tiger Dads Kickoff - Sunday, September 18, 2 pm in the Cafeteria. This program invites adult male role models to volunteer at CSES for an entire school day. Volunteers help with their child's classrooms and perform other duties around the campus. Signups will be posted in September, and the program will begin in October. Any Tiger Dads who want to help out at school prior to October are invited to help with morning drop-off or afternoon pick-up on any day.
- RSVP for our September General Membership Meeting - Tuesday, September 20, 8 am in the Cafeteria.
- September Monthly Newsletter should be hitting your inbox today if you have joined as a member.
- CSE PTA at csepta.org, and follow us on social media to stay up to date on the latest: Facebook & Instagram and Twitter (@TXCSEPTA)