- Dripping Springs ISD
New Student Registration Opens March 6
March 3, 2023
Parents can begin registering students for kindergarten and pre-kindergarten entering Dripping Springs ISD schools in the fall of 2023 beginning Monday, March 6 at 12:00 p.m. New student enrollment for all grades for the 2023-24 school year also begins on March 6. DSISD is excited to welcome our newest Tigers to the Dripping Springs ISD family. If you have any questions about new student registration, please email email@example.com.
For new kindergartners, parents should go to the Registration webpage for instructions. Families that have never had any students enrolled at DSISD should start by filling out the "New Student Enrollment: Account Request" form under the "Online Registration" section. Families that have one or more students currently enrolled in the district and wish to enroll a kindergartner for the fall of 2023 should log into Family Access and select the New Student Online Enrollment button.
Kindergarten students must be 5 years old on or before September 1 of the year enrolling, be a resident of Dripping Springs ISD, and meet the immunization requirements. There is no deadline to complete this process, but early registrations help the district with staffing plans for the fall.
Once the application has been processed by the assigned campus, the parent will receive an email from the campus registrar with information regarding an appointment to bring in the required documents.
Families enrolling in the tuition-based pre-Kindergarten (Pre-K) program will be entered into a lottery to determine if they are placed at their home campus. Enrollment assignments are not given on a first-come, first-served basis.
Pre-K students must be 4 years old on or before September 1 of the year enrolling, be a resident of Dripping Springs ISD, and meet the immunization requirements.
In order to be included in the Pre-K lottery process, parents must complete the following steps by Friday, March 31:
- Complete the New Student Online Registration
- Pay $100 Deposit Registration Fee
- If requesting a campus other than where the student is zoned, fill out a Student Transfer Application
In addition to the required documents, the following form for pre-K students should be submitted to the campus registrar: Parent Agreement Form. A list of campus registrars is posted at the bottom of this page.
Free pre-K eligibility is based on the following state-determined criteria:
- Be 4 years of age on or before Sept. 1, 2023, AND
- Be a resident of Dripping Springs ISD AND
- Meet immunization requirements AND
- Meet at least one of the following conditions:
- A child is unable to speak and comprehend the English language; or
- A child is homeless; or
- A child has a parent or official guardian who is an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces who was injured or killed while serving on active duty; or
- A child has ever been in foster care, or is eligible to participate in the national free or reduced-price lunch program due to limited family income.
- Be the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as a peace officer (3106.002), firefighter (3106.003), or emergency medical first responder (3106.004).