February 16, 2023
In a special meeting on Wednesday, Feb. 15, the Dripping Springs ISD Board of Trustees voted unanimously to call for a $223.7 million bond referendum for the May 6, 2023 election.
The work on the May 2023 bond began following the November election with a series of Board workshops to regroup and develop a plan to serve the district’s rising student enrollment and capital improvement requests. These workshops focused on reviewing and confirming the project requests, understanding the reasons why voters rejected the district’s November 2022 bond referendum, analyzing line item pricing, including the analysis and validation by an outside third-party pricing consultant, tours of the district’s oldest properties to view the renovation and repair requests, and developing different packaging options for consideration.
The May 2023 bond package includes both a focus on the district’s growth, as well as capital improvements and renovations on DSISD’s oldest campuses and campus security and ADA updates on all district campuses.
2023 Bond Package:
- Build Elementary School #6 (850 Student Capacity)
- Expand Sycamore Springs MS to 1,200 Student Capacity
- Build New Facility for Special Education 18+ Program
- Design Elementary School #7, Middle School #3, and High School #2
- Capital Improvements & Renovations at Dripping Springs Elementary, Dripping Springs Middle School, and Dripping Springs High School
- Security Updates for all Campuses
- Reconfigure CL&I and Maker Space at Rooster Springs Elementary and Dripping Springs Elementary
- Update Sound and Lighting Systems in Spaces at Various Campuses
- Replace Pressure Reducing Valves at Various Campuses
- ADA Updates
- Land for Future Facilities
- 13 Replacement Buses for Aging Fleet
- Classroom Portables
- Child Nutrition Services (Kitchen) Equipment Replacements
- Technology Infrastructure (Network, Servers, Firewall, AV)
Any registered voter who resides within the DSISD attendance boundary is eligible to vote in this bond election. The deadline to register to vote is Thursday, April 6. The first day of early voting is Monday, April 24 and Election Day is Tuesday, May 6, 2023.