- Dripping Springs ISD
Welcome New Tigers! 2022-23 New Student Registration Opens Monday
March 3, 2022
Parents can begin registering students for kindergarten and pre-kindergarten entering Dripping Springs ISD schools in the fall of 2022 beginning Monday, March 7 at 10 a.m. New student enrollment for all grades for the 2022-23 school year also begins on Monday.
Kindergarten: For new kindergartners, parents should go to the Registration webpage for instructions. Families that have never had any students enrolled at DSISD should start by filling out the "New Student Enrollment: Account Request" form under the "Online Registration" section starting March 7. Families that have one or more students currently enrolled in the district and wish to enroll a kindergartner for the fall of 2022 should log into Family Access and select the New Student Online Enrollment button.
Kindergarten students must be 5 years old on or before September 1 of the year enrolling, be a resident of Dripping Springs ISD, and meet the immunization requirements. There is no deadline to complete this process, but early registrations help the district with staffing plans for the fall.
For all grades the following documents are required:
- Proof of Residence:
- Current lease agreement AND a current electric bill OR
- Settlement statement with signature pages/warranty deed AND a current electric bill OR
- Current tax statement indicating Homestead Exemption
- Parent/Guardian Photo Identification or Passport
- Birth Certificate (Certified)
- Student's Social Security Card
- Immunization Record or an Immunization Waiver Form that is the original and notarized.
Once the application has been processed by the assigned campus, the parent will receive an email from the campus registrar with information regarding an appointment to bring in the required documents. Campus registrar emails are located at the bottom of this webpage.
Pre-K: Families enrolling in the tuition-based Pre-Kindergarten program will be entered into a lottery to determine if they are placed at their home campus. Enrollment assignments are not given on a first-come, first-served basis; therefore, there is no advantage to completing the online registration early that day to secure a Pre-K “spot” at a particular campus. Pre-K students must be 4 years old on or before September 1 of the year enrolling, be a resident of Dripping Springs ISD, and meet the immunization requirements. In order to be included in the Pre-K lottery process, parents must take and complete the following steps by Friday, April 1.
- Complete the New Student Online Registration
- Pay $100 Deposit Registration Fee
- If requesting a campus other than where the student is zoned, fill out a Student Transfer Application.
In addition to the required documents listed above, the following form for pre-K students should be submitted to the campus registrar: Parent Agreement Form
Free pre-K eligibility is based on the following state-determined criteria:
- Be 4 years of age on or before Sept. 1, 2022, AND
- Be a resident of Dripping Springs ISD AND
- Meet immunization requirements AND
- Meet at least one of the following conditions:
- A child is unable to speak and comprehend the English language; or
- A child is homeless; or
- A child has a parent or official guardian who is an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces who was injured or killed while serving on active duty; or
- A child has ever been in foster care, or child is eligible to participate in the national free or reduced-price lunch program due to limited family income.
- Be the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as a peace officer (3106.002), firefighter (3106.003), or emergency medical first responder (3106.004).