January 19, 2022
The window to file an application to be a Dripping Springs ISD Board of Trustees candidate for the May 2022 election is Jan. 19-Feb. 18, 2022. Click here for information on filing for a place on the ballot and to download an application form.
Applications can be filed until 5:00 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 18:
- In person to: DSISD Administration Building at 510 W. Mercer St., Dripping Springs
- By mail to: DSISD, attn: Sheila Lamb, PO Box 479, Dripping Springs, TX 78620
- By email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By fax to: 512-858-3099
An informational "Candidates Academy" will be held Feb. 3 in the DSISD Administration Building, where Superintendent Dr. Holly Morris-Kuentz will share information about the role and responsibilities of Board members, and answer questions. Attending the meeting does not commit an individual to running for a trustee seat; it is informational in nature. A time is still to be determined; more information will be posted here.
Board of Trustee candidates in Texas must meet the following qualifications:
- Be a United States citizen
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Not be mentally incapacitated (as defined in policy)
- Have not been convicted of a felony
- Be a resident of Texas and the district for a specified period of time (see policy)
- Be a registered voter from the territory of the office sought
See Board Policy BBA Legal for details on the above qualifications and other specific requirements.
Two seats will be up for re-election in 2022 – those currently held by Joanna Day and Marisa Grijalva. DSISD trustees do not represent "places," but rather are at-large representatives.