Parent Message Regarding Safety Protocols
April 16, 2021
On Thursday, April 15, the COVID Preparedness Team met to review updated data and guidance from the Texas Education Agency (TEA) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). Discussion and recommendations for updating specific safety protocols took place. CDC evidence suggests K-12 schools that have strictly implemented prevention strategies have been able to open safely and remain open. That is our goal. We must continue to adhere to the safety protocols outlined in the health guidance from TEA and the CDC.
We wanted to let our families know that the following items have been recommended to take steps towards getting the school environment back to normalcy in a safe manner while adhering to the safety protocols.
● Masks optional while engaging in physical activity outside during PE, recess while social distancing. If social distancing cannot be maintained, masks should be worn.
● PTAs can return to school for meetings (after hours) while following school safety protocols.
● As allowed by CDC and TEA and noted in their guidance, along with case numbers in the county, we will move to three-foot spacing in classrooms.
● Event capacity is up from 28% to 50% while maintaining social distance.
● Graduation capacity is being increased from 4 tickets per senior to 8 tickets while maintaining social distance.
● Allow for campuses to open for parent participation in meetings (i.e ARDS, 504s, New Family Tours, registration appointments). All appointment participants will follow school safety protocols.
As of now, the goal for implementing these updates is Monday, May 3. This timeline has been set to provide time for campuses to work with staff to prepare for these changes. Thank you for continuing to partner with us as we prioritize the health and safety of our students and staff.