Athletics Letter Regarding Capacity of Football Games
Sept. 3, 2020
We are very appreciative of the University Interscholastic League (UIL) and their efforts to make sporting events possible this season. It has been a very challenging year, to say the least, as we face a year unlike any we have experienced. Having the opportunity to participate in athletic programs is very exciting for our student-athletes, coaching staff, and community members. Our programs have been given guidelines by TEA and UIL, and our coaching staff and players will make every effort to follow them closely.
As stated in UIL guidelines, as of August 20, 2020, we are restricted to 50% capacity at sporting venues. Therefore:
● Priority will be given to families of our students who are participating in UIL activities (band, Hi-Steppers, varsity cheerleading and varsity football).
● A detailed plan for purchasing tickets and our game procedures will be shared prior to our first home contest.
● Reserved seat football tickets will not be sold this year. Those who have purchased reserved seating in the past will be given the first opportunity to renew those tickets when they go on sale for the 2021 season.
● We will provide live-streaming for our football games. The link will be shared on our district website.
● Due to the 50% capacity rule, we will not honor any passes this year. Those who typically get into games with passes are encouraged to access games via the livestream.
● The 50% capacity rule will apply to our sub-varsity football games also, more information will be shared for these games as well.
The UIL has done an amazing job of putting together a plan for us to follow. The opportunity to participate in extracurricular activities is creating a renewed spirit amongst our student athletes and our community. We look forward to seeing as many of you as possible at our events this season. Thank you for your understanding. As always, we know that this community will come together during these trying times.
We Stand Alone, Together
Go Tigers! #AwakenTheNation #TPD
Director of Athletics
Dripping Springs ISD