August 14, 2020
As we prepare for the start of our school year, here is a list of resources that parents may find useful. We wish our students, teachers, staff and parents a smooth transition into the remote learning platform we are using to start the school year.
RETURN TO SCHOOL/REMOTE LEARNING RESOURCES:
- “Return, Reimagine, and Reconnect” webpage featuring information on remote learning, Frequently Asked Questions, and a collection of district message and community input
- Return to School Update/Board Report from Superintendent Washburn
- Remote Learning User Guide/Technology and Device Support for Parents and Student Canvas page
Dripping Springs ISD values strong, two-way communication with members of the Dripping Springs community, including parents and other district stakeholders. There are multiple ways that you can stay connected at the classroom, school and district levels. Here are some highlights of district communication methods:
- Communication Quick Guide
- This “District News” section of the DSISD homepage features major new items that impact DSISD, highlights major achievements, and includes district-wide messages.
- The “Inside DSISD” e-newsletter (blog format) is updated often with news items and announcements, and all stories are provided in Spanish.
- Social Media: The district uses Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube at the district levels. Campuses use one or more of these platforms to share news about the great things happening at DSISD schools, while some teachers also share classroom information via social media.
Dripping Springs ISD offers parents options for emergency and time-sensitive notifications through Blackboard Communications via e-mail, phone calls, or texts. In addition, parents may set notifications for multiple phone numbers: home, cell and/or work. Selecting notification preferences is one step in the annual enrollment verification process that is completed online for all students in late July/early August. Initially, all contact numbers listed in the student's Skyward Family Access account are used as a default, until the parent goes into the Blackboard account to select preferences. Attendance notifications can be set separately from emergency notifications.
Notification preferences can be changed at any time by logging into individual Blackboard accounts. Parents' log-in should be the same as it is in Family Access; passwords were assigned at the beginning of the year and can be reset at any time. (Those who have forgotten their password may request an email providing a reset option.)
Blackboard Login Page
Parents can also subscribe to receive alerts that are sent when certain webpages are updated. To request alerts, log into an existing Blackboard account or create a new one. Click on "MY OPTIONS," then "SUBSCRIPTIONS." Subscribers may either select "Site," then choose a campus, or click on "Other Areas" and choose a specific webpage. See complete instructions here.
The DSISD mental health team has created a "parent toolbox" to support the social-emotional well-being of students, divided into elementary and secondary resources. This webpage provides many other resources to support the social-emotional well-being of our students.