Frequently Asked Questions
Staff email: email@example.com
Staff Directory: https://www.dsisdtx.us/domain/355
DSISD website: www.dsisdtx.us
- My child doesn’t understand the homework.
- Have your child attend tutorials with the teacher. It is from 8:30-8:55 a.m. every morning.
- If your child’s teacher is on duty, he/she may go to another teacher that teaches that subject.
- How do I get a tutor for my child?
- Contact your child’s counselor. The counselor can provide you with a list of tutors.
- My child was absent and has make-up work.
- For every excused absence, your child has 1 school day to make up the work. It is imperative that your child communicate with each teacher to create a schedule to get caught up.
- It appears that my child’s illness is going to keep him/her out of school for awhile.
- Communicate with your child’s counselor. The counselor will be able to help coordinate make up work and organize homebound services if needed.
- There is an issue in the class.
- Communicate with that teacher. Emailing the teacher is often the easiest form of communication and often the quickest. You can find staff email addresses on the middle school website.
- Problems with the teacher. Listen to your child’s complaint. Before you communicate your thoughts with the child, contact the teacher. Hear the teacher’s side.
- Advocate for your child. But realize that children need to be in a successful mindset to succeed with that teacher. That mindset is compromised when you criticize the teacher in front of the child.
- Please realize this:
- There are many other children in the classroom.
- The teacher may not be aware the issue.
- Most of the time, there are two sides of the story. The story you may be hearing is one perspective.
- If your child has a conflict with a student during class, your child should speak with the teacher immediately.
- I would like to schedule a meeting with my child’s teachers.
- Contact your child’s teachers or counselor.
- If you need to meet with one teacher, contact that teacher to schedule a meeting.
- There are personal issues happening at home that is/may affect my child at school.
- The counselor will be able to assist you. The counseling office also has a list of private resources that may be helpful.
- I need to change/add contact information to skyward.
- Contact the registrar, or make changes through your Skyward account.
New Family Guide: https://www.dsisdtx.us/domain/139
Alternate PE/Olympic PE: https://www.dsisdtx.us/site/Default.aspx?PageID=549
Gifted and Talented: https://www.dsisdtx.us/domain/369
Course Catalog: https://www.dsisdtx.us/domain/418