Elections for Dripping Springs ISD Board of Trustees positions are held each May, with either two or three seats coming up for re-election as terms are three years in length. Two seats will be up for re-election in 2020. DSISD trustees do not represent "places"; they are at-large representatives.
Elections typically are held on the first Saturday in May. An early voting period is scheduled starting approximately 12 days prior to Election Day and running until the Tuesday preceding Election Day.
Becoming a School Board Member
The timeline to file a Candidate Application for the May 2020 election is January 15 through February 14. Applications may be filed at the DSISD administration building at 510 W. Mercer St., Dripping Springs.
Candidates for a school board of trustees in Texas must meet the following qualifications:
- Be a United States Citizen
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Not be mentally incapacitated (as defined in policy)
- Have not been convicted of a felony
- Be a resident of Texas and the district for a specified period of time (see policy)
- Be a registered voter from the territory of the office sought
See Board Policy BBA Legal for details on the above qualifications and other specific requirements.
For More Information
School Board Candidate Academy
DSISD hosts a School Board Candidate Academy for those interested in becoming a School Board member. The academy is held in February, prior to the filing deadline for the May election.