Google Apps FAQ
- 1. What devices support Gmail/Google Apps?
- Gmail and Google Apps are accessible from any location on any computer or mobile device. Information: Mobile Devices
- 2. What are the storage limitations for Gmail?
- Gmail has unlimited storage space. However, the District Email Retention Policy is 365 days, and the Gmail Trash Retention Policy is 30 days. Therefore, any messages over 365 days old will be permanently removed, and all messages that have been in Trash more than 30 days will be permanently removed.
- 3. What happened to my campus mail conferences?
- Most FirstClass Conferences have been created in Gmail as Mail Lists. Email messages
sent to the Mail Lists will be delivered to each user’s inbox. Please note that
the Mail Lists for Middle School and High School will begin with DSMS and
- 4. Is there a limit to the number of messages I can send in one day?
- Gmail has a 2000 messages per 24 hour period sending limit per user. A message sent to a District-created Mail List (example: District News) counts as one message.
- 5. Can I unsend a message?
- Gmail has a 30 second maximum time allowance for an Undo Send action on
an email. Please note that the end user must enable this feature in Gmail
Instructions: Undo sending your mail
- 6. How do I set up an out-of-office reply?
- Instructions: Out-of-office reply
- 7. How do I set my browser to open email links with Gmail?
- You will need to configure each of your browsers to use Gmail when you click on a link to an email address. Download Instructions
- 8. How do I move an item out of the trash?
- Instructions: Remove message from the trash
- 9. What types of files are supported by Google Drive?
- Currently supported files: Supported file list
- 10. How do I share a calendar?
- Instructions: Delegate a calendar
- 11. How do I share a document in Drive?
- Instructions: Share files and folders