New Student Enrollment
Dripping Springs ISD uses an online system to enroll/register new students.
School attendance zones are determined by the student's street address. Please see our Interactive Map/Address Lookup tool for attendance zone information.
Student registration consists of three steps:
- Enroll online – Parents/guardians should use the online system to fill out registration information for any student who is new to the district.
- Required document submission and registration completion – After the online process is complete, parents/guardians will need to visit the student's new campus on a specified registration date to submit required documents. Once the campus has received the necessary documents, the enrollment process is complete.
- Annual enrollment verification – Student information verification is an annual process that allows parents/guardians to check and update contact, emergency, and health information and to complete required yearly forms online. Parents also must acknowledge receipt of some information on an annual basis.
Step 1: Enroll Online
Specific steps for registration vary depending on a family's situation. Please follow the appropriate instructions below:
- New Family: Families that have never had any students enrolled at DSISD should follow the instructions for New Families.
- Current Family: Families that currently have a student or students enrolled at DSISD and are enrolling a new student should use their existing Family Access login and password. After logging into the application, please select the New Student Online Enrollment button. When Step 1 is completed, please return to the New Student Enrollment page for information regarding next steps.
- Returning Family: Families that previously had a student or students enrolled at DSISD (but currently do not) and are enrolling a new student should follow the instructions for Returning Families.
Step 2: Required Document Submission and Registration Completion
After completing Step 1, parents/guardians must email their Proof of Residency to the student's new campus to submit required documents on a specified registration date or by appointment as follows:
General Enrollment for Elementary and Middle School New Student Registration Sessions:
- For new students moving into the district for the 2022-23 school year, the New Student Online Enrollment is currently open. After completing online registration, please contact the campus registrar to set up an appointment to bring in all required documents.
- Cypress Springs Elementary, email: Wendy Woolard
- Dripping Springs Elementary, email: Ericka Dixon
- Rooster Springs Elementary, email: Jennifer Haddad
- Sycamore Springs Elementary, email: Shannon Miskol
- Walnut Springs Elementary, email Holly Love
- Dripping Springs Middle School, email: Vickey Cruz
- Sycamore Springs Middle School, email: Jen Havlin
- Dripping Springs High School, email: Libby Weaver
High School New Student Registration Appointments:
- Parents/students should complete the online registration (Step 1) before meeting with a counselor.
Required Documents (Please bring the following items to complete registration):
- Proof of Residence:
- Current lease agreement AND a current electric bill OR
- Settlement statement with signature page/warranty deed AND a current electric bill OR
- Current tax statement indicating Homestead Exemption
- Parent/Guardian Photo Identification
- Birth Certificate (Certified): Certified birth certificates can be ordered at Texas.gov for $22. This service, offered in English and Spanish, provides parents with a secure option for ordering their child's birth certificate. The orders are fulfilled by the Texas Department of State Health Services.
- Student's Social Security Card
- *Immunization Records (List of Required Immunizations / Area Immunization Providers) *Medical affidavit must be notarized
- Previous School's Withdrawal Form
- Recent Unofficial Transcript or Report Card and Standardized Test results
- Proof of qualification for the Prekindergarten program if seeking enrollment as a qualifying student. Documentation of qualification may include:
- Language proficiency assessment administered by the district;
- Pay stubs, tax return statements, verification of enrollment in a state/federal program such as SNAP or Medicaid;
- Statement of Residence-homeless classification;
- Verification of parental enrollment in the armed forces;
- Verification of the child being in conservatorship the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services;
- Verification of parental employment as a peace office, firefighter, or emergency medical first responder.
Step 3: Annual Enrollment Verification
Parents/guardians will receive communication from the district prior to the beginning of the annual online enrollment verification. Generally, the verification window opens at the end of July.