SSMS Cell Phone/Device Policy
● Only use with permission from the teacher; this includes music, earbuds/headphones.
If not permitted, phones should be put away.
Green Light / Red Light Posters:
In each classroom, “Red Light “means no phones or devices and “Green Light” means phones can be out for school use.
● Devices may be accessed inside the cafeteria before school/during lunch and between
classes in the hallways.
● Personal social media may not be accessed while on campus (Snapchat, instagram,
● Pictures or videos may only be taken on campus WITH permission.
Non-compliance will result in the loss of device and/or disciplinary consequences.
● 1st offense: warning
● 2nd offense: device on the teacher's desk til end of the class
● 3rd offense: device to administration; student may pick-up at the end of the day
● 4th offense: device to administration; parents may pick-up at the end of the day