StaffLarry Lechow, Trainer (512) 858-3201 - Email
Kelly Stoots, Assistant Trainer - (512) 858-3225 - Email
The services provided by Athletic Trainers comprise prevention, emergency care, clinical diagnosis, therapeutic intervention and rehabilitation of injuries and medical conditions.
Training Room Conduct of AthleteThe athlete will conduct him/herself responsibly and, personally, in a manner that is representative of the high standards of excellence and integrity of DSHS. The athlete is to present him/herself as a responsible, mature member of the community and to exhibit the competence and integrity becoming of a high school athlete. It is the athlete's responsibility to create and maintain an open relationship with peers, coaches, administrators, and members of the community. The athlete is expected to follow the principles of good sportsmanship and fair play. Behavior unbecoming of a DSHS student-athlete, violations of state and federal laws, and violations of DSHS policies will be grounds for termination on entering the training room.
Training Room Rules
- Athletes must remove shoes before entering training room.
- Treatments are from 7:00-8:10am. Any others must be cleared through trainer.
- No horseplay. Take care of business and leave.
- Do not remove anything from the training room.
- Do not touch or use any modalities in training room.
- Trainers' office and computer is off limits to everyone unless given permission.
- Athletes' playing and practice time is up to the trainer. Coaches do not make the permission.
- Training room is not for loitering.
- Training room is not a store room or reserve office. Anything left at the end of the day that does not involve sports medicine will be put in the hallway.
- Shorts and T-shirt must be worn in training room.
- No mixing of athletes (males & females) while using whirlpool.
- No profanity in training room.
- Club sports injuries will not be treated. Evaluations will be at the discretion of the trainer.
- No medications will be handed out without parents' permission nor will trainer keep prescriptions for athletes. These should be kept in the nurses' office.
- No athlete will participate without the proper paperwork.
- Positive attitudes promote healing.
- Any violations of these rules, along with guidelines set by the school, will prohibit the athlete from entering the training room.