SSMS Nurse's Clinic
7TH Grade Students
Texas state law requires that ALL seventh-graders receive the following vaccines:
- Tdap booster - 1 dose within the last 5 years
- Meningococcal vaccine (MCV4, MCV4P) - 1 dose on or after student's 11th birthday
For those parents who do not want their children to be vaccinated for reasons of conscience, a notarized Affidavit of Exemption must be filed with the school.
- Parents/guardians must provide all medication and a signature is required for all medications given at school.
- A US-licensed physician’s signature is required for:
- All controlled substances (ex. narcotic pain meds & most ADHD medications)
- Over the counter medications to be administered a maximum of 10 school days or two weeks
- Medications prescribed differently from manufacturer’s directions.
Health ResourcesDistrict health related information, required forms for certain health conditions, and district policies
Middle School Concussion Forms
Blair Smith, RN
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m-4:15 p.m.phone: 512.858.3604fax: 512.858.3699
SSMS Emotional Support Dog -Cassie
Cassie is a four-year-old Goldendoodle that is on campus for students when they are having a difficult day. She offers lots of unconditional love and supports our students by helping them through any tough time while at school. Cassie is used by the counselors and school nurse. Parents who think their student would benefit from using Cassie, please contact a counselor or nurse to set up a time to meet our SSMS emotional support animal. Cassie is making a difference at SSMS!