DSMS Nurse's Clinic
7TH Grade Students
Texas state law requires that ALL seventh-graders receive the following vaccines:
- Tdap booster - 1 dose within the last 5 years
- Meningococcal vaccine (MCV4, MCV4P) - 1 dose on or after student's 11th birthday
For those parents who do not want their children to be vaccinated for reasons of conscience, a notarized Affidavit of Exemption must be filed with the school.
- Parents/guardians must provide all medication and a signature is required for all medications given at school.
- A US-licensed physician’s signature is required for:
- All controlled substances (ex. narcotic pain meds & most ADHD medications)
- Over the counter medications to be administered a maximum of 10 school days or two weeks
- Medications prescribed differently from manufacturer’s directions.
Health Resources:District health related information, required forms for certain health conditions, and district policies
Middle School Concussion Forms