DSMS Nurse's Clinic
7th Grade Students
Texas state law requires that ALL seventh-graders receive the following vaccines:
- Tdap booster - 1 dose within the last 5 years
- Meningococcal vaccine (MCV4, MCV4P) - 1 dose on or after the student's 11th birthday
For those parents who do not want their children to be vaccinated for reasons of conscience, a notarized Affidavit of Exemption must be filed with the school.
2022-2023 Texas Minimum State Vaccine Requirements for Students Grades K-12 (English & Spanish)
- Parents/guardians must provide all medication and a signature is required for all medications given at school.
- A US-licensed physician’s signature is required for:
- All controlled substances (ex. narcotic pain meds & most ADHD medications)
- Over the counter medications to be administered a maximum of 10 school days or two weeks
- Medications prescribed differently from manufacturer’s directions.
Health ResourcesDistrict health related information, required forms for certain health conditions, and district policies
Anaphylaxis Action Plan (FARE) - English / Spanish
Asthma Action Plan - English / Spanish
Diabetes Medical Management Plan
Authorization Form for Self-Carrying of Emergency Medicines (severe allergy, asthma, & diabetes only)
Local Immunization & Care Providers
Bacterial Meningitis Information
Pertussis Information for Parents
Middle School Concussion Forms
DSISD Concussion Management Plan for Middle School Student-Athletes
DSISD Concussion Care Plan for Academics - Return to Learn Form
Madison Heilveil, BSN, RN
Office hours: 8:00 a.m.-4:15 p.m.