WSES Nurse's Clinic
- Parents/guardians must provide all medication and a signature is required for all medications given at school.
- A US-licensed physician’s signature is required for:
- All controlled substances (ex. narcotic pain meds & most ADHD medications)
- Over the counter medications to be administered a maximum of 10 school days or two weeks
- Medications prescribed differently from manufacturer’s directions.
Texas Vaccine Requirements for Pre-K Students
2022 - 2023 Texas Minimum State Vaccine Requirementsfor Students Grades K - 12
Students attending Texas public schools must be in compliance with state immunization laws in order to start school. Non-compliance will result in students’ withdrawal from Dripping Springs ISD until compliance is met. A 30-day provisional enrollment is allowed for students who:
• have an immunization record that indicates the student has received at least one dose of each specified age-appropriate vaccine required ;
• are homeless as defined by §103 of the McKinney Act, 42 USC §11302;
• are in foster care as defined by §1355.20(s);
• transfer from one Texas school to another and is awaiting the transfer of the immunization record; or
• are dependents of a person who is on active duty with the armed forces of the United States.
The immunization rules may be found in the Texas Administrative Code. Additional information may be found on the Texas Department of Health Services website.
Health ResourcesDistrict health-related information, required forms for certain health conditions, and district policies
Anaphylaxis Action Plan (FARE) - English / Spanish
Asthma Action Plan - English / Spanish
Diabetes Medical Management Plan
Charlene Garza BSN, RN
Office Hours Monday-Friday
7:30 a.m.- 4:00 p.m
Welcome to the Nurse's webpage for Walnut Springs Elementary. My name is Charlene Cox Garza. I earned my Bachelor of Science in Nursing at the University of Texas at Austin in 1995. Soon after, I began my career at Seton Medical Center in the Intensive Care Unit. I worked there for 14 years before starting the adventure of school nursing at Walnut Springs Elementary. I have been here for 13 years. My husband Martin and I have six children, ranging in age from 16 to 24. I also have three dogs; Winston, Lacy and Buck. I enjoy hiking, reading and watching the Food Network.