New Student Enrollment
Beginning with the 2018-19 school year, Dripping Springs ISD will use on online system to enroll/register new students.
School attendance zones are determined by the student's street address. Please see our Interactive Map/Address Lookup tool for attendance zone information.
Student registration consists of three steps:
- Enroll online – Parents/guardians should use the online system to fill out registration information for any student who is new to the district.
- Required document submission and registration completion – After the online process is complete, parents/guardians will need to visit the student's new campus on a specified registration date to submit required documents. Once the campus has received the necessary documents, the enrollment process is complete.
- Annual enrollment verification – Student information verification is an annual process that allows parents/guardians to check and update contact, emergency, and health information and to complete required yearly forms online. Parents also must acknowledge receipt of some information on an annual basis.
Step 1: Enroll Online
Specific steps for registration vary depending on a family's situation. Please follow the appropriate instructions below:
- New Family: Families that have never had any students enrolled at DSISD should follow the instructions for New Families.
- Current Family: Families that currently have a student or students enrolled at DSISD and are enrolling a new student should follow the instructions for Current Families.
- Returning Family: Families that previously had a student or students enrolled at DSISD (but currently do not) and are enrolling a new student should follow the instructions for Returning Families.
Please contact email@example.com for questions related to online enrollment.
Step 2: Required Document Submission and Registration Completion
After completing Step 1, parents/guardians must visit the student's new campus to submit required documents on a specified registration date or by appointment as follows:
Elementary and Middle School Student Registration Sessions:
- Thursday, June 14, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 31, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
High School Registration Appointments:
- New high school students will be contacted by the campus to set up an appointment with the Counseling Department during the weeks of June 18-21, August 1-3, and other dates as needed.
Required Documents (Please bring the following items to complete registration):
- Proof of Residence:
- Current lease agreement AND a current electric bill OR
- Settlement statement with signature page/warranty deed AND a current electric bill OR
- Current tax statement indicating Homestead Exemption
- Parent/Guardian Photo Identification
- Birth Certificate (Certified): Certified birth certificates can be ordered at Texas.gov for $22. This service, offered in English and Spanish, provides parents with a secure option for ordering their child's birth certificate. The orders are fulfilled by the Texas Department of State Health Services.
- Student's Social Security Card
- Immunization Records (List of Required Immunizations) (Area Immunization Providers)
- Previous School's Withdrawal Form
- Recent Unofficial Transcript or Report Card and Standardized Test results
Step 3: Annual Enrollment Verification
Parents/guardians will receive communication from the district prior to the beginning of the annual online enrollment verification. Generally, the verification window opens at the end of July.
For reference, please see the enrollment checklist.