New Student Enrollment
Dripping Springs ISD uses an on online system to enroll/register new students.
School attendance zones are determined by the student's street address. Please see our Interactive Map/Address Lookup tool for attendance zone information.
Student registration consists of three steps:
- Enroll online – Parents/guardians should use the online system to fill out registration information for any student who is new to the district.
- Required document submission and registration completion – After the online process is complete, parents/guardians will need to visit the student's new campus on a specified registration date to submit required documents. Once the campus has received the necessary documents, the enrollment process is complete.
- Annual enrollment verification – Student information verification is an annual process that allows parents/guardians to check and update contact, emergency, and health information and to complete required yearly forms online. Parents also must acknowledge receipt of some information on an annual basis.
Step 1: Enroll Online
Specific steps for registration vary depending on a family's situation. Please follow the appropriate instructions below:
- New Family: Families that have never had any students enrolled at DSISD should follow the instructions for New Families.
- Current Family: Families that currently have a student or students enrolled at DSISD and are enrolling a new student should follow the instructions for Current Families.
- Returning Family: Families that previously had a student or students enrolled at DSISD (but currently do not) and are enrolling a new student should follow the instructions for Returning Families.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions related to online enrollment.
Step 2: Required Document Submission and Registration Completion
After completing Step 1, parents/guardians must visit the student's new campus to submit required documents on a specified registration date or by appointment as follows:
Prekindergarten and Kindergarten New Student Registration Sessions:
- To participate in the registration sessions listed below, online enrollment must be completed by March 15, 2019.
- Tuesday, March 26, 7:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Thursday, March 28, 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
General Enrollment for Elementary and Middle School New Student Registration Sessions:
- To participate in the registration sessions listed below, online enrollment must be completed by May 31, 2019.
- Tuesday, June 4, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- To participate in the registration sessions listed below, online enrollment must be completed by July 26, 2019.
- Thursday, August 1, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m
High School New Student Registration Appointments:
- New high school students will be contacted by the campus to set up an appointment with the Counseling Department during the weeks of June 17-20, July 30-August 2, and other dates as needed.
Required Documents (Please bring the following items to complete registration):
- Proof of Residence:
- Current lease agreement AND a current electric bill OR
- Settlement statement with signature page/warranty deed AND a current electric bill OR
- Current tax statement indicating Homestead Exemption
- Parent/Guardian Photo Identification
- Birth Certificate (Certified): Certified birth certificates can be ordered at Texas.gov for $22. This service, offered in English and Spanish, provides parents with a secure option for ordering their child's birth certificate. The orders are fulfilled by the Texas Department of State Health Services.
- Student's Social Security Card
- Immunization Records (List of Required Immunizations) (Area Immunization Providers)
- Previous School's Withdrawal Form
- Recent Unofficial Transcript or Report Card and Standardized Test results
- Proof of qualification for the Prekindergarten program if seeking enrollment as a qualifying student. Documentation of qualification may include:
- Language proficiency assessment administered by the district;
- Pay stubs, tax return statements, verification of enrollment in a state/federal program such as SNAP or Medicaid;
- Statement of Residence-homeless classification;
- Verification of parental enrollment in the armed forces;
- Verification of the child being in conservatorship the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services;
- Verification of parental employment as a peace office, firefighter, or emergency medical first responder.
Step 3: Annual Enrollment Verification
Parents/guardians will receive communication from the district prior to the beginning of the annual online enrollment verification. Generally, the verification window opens at the end of July.
For reference, please see the enrollment checklist.
Additional Information: "Kindergarten Round-up"
New kindergarten students who enroll during the March registration window will have an opportunity to participate in the district's "Kindergarten Round-Up" event hosted each spring on the elementary campuses. The "Kindergarten Round-up" event provides an opportunity for early connections to be built between the campuses and the new students and parents. Activities during this time include orientation to the campus for students and parents and activities that help our team of life changers get a glimpse into who our new students are so that we can begin planning early on how to best meet their needs and create a positive introduction to learning at the start of the school year.
For "Kindergarten Round-Up" event details, please check the website for the elementary campus that your child will be attending.