Dripping Springs ISD offers a full-day Pre-K program (7:45 a.m.-3:00 p.m.) at each of the district's elementary campuses. The program is available to all eligible students on a tuition basis; students may qualify under the state-mandated free program. (See details below.)
Children who are 4 years old on or before Sept. 1, 2022, and who do not qualify for the state-mandated free Pre-K program are eligible to enroll in the tuition-supported Pre-K program at their home DSISD campus.Important Date Information (2022-23 School Year)
Online Registration opens March 7, 2022, for the 2022-2023 school year.
*In order to be included in the Pre-K Lottery process, parents must complete the following items by April 1, 2022.
- Online Registration (Click here for the 2022-23 school year)
- Click here to pay $100 Registration Fee
- If a Student Transfer Application is needed (Click Here)
- Parent Agreement Form
- Proof of Residence:
- Current lease agreement AND a current electric bill OR
- Settlement statement with signature page/warranty deed AND a current electric bill OR
- Current tax statement indicating Homestead Exemption (Click Here)
- Parent/Guardian Photo Identification
- Birth Certificate (Certified) - Certified birth certificates can be ordered at Texas.gov for $22. This service, offered in English and Spanish, provides parents with a secure option for ordering their child's birth certificate. The orders are fulfilled by the Texas Department of State Health Services.
- Student's Social Security Card
- Immunization records or an Immunization Waiver Form that is an original and notarized (List of Required Immunizations) (Area Immunization Providers)
* Submit all required documents to the campus.
Please contact the campus registrar after completing the online registration to set up an appointment to bring in the required documents.
Cypress Springs Elementary email: email@example.com
Dripping Springs Elementary email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rooster Springs Elementary email: email@example.com
Sycamore Springs Elementary email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Walnut Springs Elementary email: email@example.com
State-Mandated Free Pre-K Eligibility
- Be 4 years of age on or before Sept. 1, 2022, AND
- Be a resident of Dripping Springs ISD AND
- Meet immunization requirements AND
- Meet at least one of the following conditions:
- A child is unable to speak and comprehend the English language; or
- A child is homeless; or
- A child has a parent or official guardian who is an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces who was injured or killed while serving on active duty; or
- A child has ever been in foster care, or a child is eligible to participate in the national free or reduced-price lunch program due to limited family income. (If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Child Nutrition Services at 512.858.3057.
- Be the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as a peace officer (3106.002), firefighter (3106.003), or emergency medical first responder (3106.004).
Tuition and Fees for the 2022-23 school year
Annual Tuition is $6,000 per student and there is a $100 deposit fee due upon registration. There are three payment options:
- The total annual tuition is paid in full.
- Each semester’s tuition is paid ($3,000 payable on the first day of each semester).
- Parents who wish to pay on a monthly basis must agree to automatic payment from a debit or credit card ($600 on the 15th of each month).
The district may not adopt a tuition rate for the pre-kindergarten program that is higher than necessary to cover the added costs of providing the program, including any costs associated with collecting, reporting, and analyzing data under Section 29.1532 (c), and must submit the proposed tuition rate to the commissioner for approval.
*Meal Benefits Application Forms
Applications can be completed electronically or can be printed out by clicking the appropriate link below. If you have questions or need assistance with completing an application, please contact Child Nutrition Services at 512.858.3057 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Meal Plan applications received and prequalified in March 2022 are prequalified based on 2021-22 income guidelines, which are subject to change in July 2022. A second application will be required after July 2022 and before August 16, 2022, for final approval.