SYCAMORE SPRINGS MIDDLE SCHOOLWelcome to Sycamore Springs Middle School! SSMS opened in August of 2017 as the second middle school in Dripping Springs ISD. Located on Sawyer Ranch Road just north of the Highpointe neighborhood, SSMS is home to more than 1,000 students in grades 6-8. While SSMS operates separately from Sycamore Springs Elementary, the two schools are located on a shared 50-acre site, and are connected in order to gain efficiency in areas such as the shared kitchen and a tiered Center for Learning & Innovation.
Principal: Kelly Miller
School Hours: 9:00 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Address: 14451 Sawyer Ranch Road, Austin, TX 78737
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 479, Dripping Springs, TX 78620
Alternate Phone: 512.465.6136
Inspiring innovation through exploration and discovery.
We ensure our learners grow their unique talents through future-ready experiences that inspire collaboration, creativity, critical thinking, resilience, and compassion. We foster an enduring, intellectual curiosity that empowers learners to understand and positively impact their local and global communities.
- We believe creative autonomy intrinsically motivates children to learn from failure, to build on success, and to discover their own unique talents and passions.
- We believe guiding and fostering critical thinking skills for all learners allows them to positively contribute to society and adapt to their ever-changing environments.
- We believe it is the collective responsibility of the staff, the student, the family and the community to create a safe, compassionate and diverse environment in order to cultivate, celebrate and foster the strengths and differences of each learner.
- We are committed to providing authentic, future-ready and purposeful, life-worthy learning experiences.
- We are committed to building genuine relationships that support a diverse community of acceptance, respect, integrity, accountability, kindness and compassion.
- We are committed to entrusting the staff, the family, and the community as collaborators and innovators to support students on their path towards personal excellence.
We are committed to modeling life-long learning by valuing and encouraging unique independent thinking, risk-taking, creativity and determination.