Temporary Virtual Academy for Kindergarten through Fifth Grade
Due to rapidly changing conditions related to COVID-19, Dripping Springs ISD will have a temporary virtual option this fall for DSISD students in kindergarten through fifth grade. This opportunity is only available for in-district students whose primary residence is located in the Dripping Springs ISD attendance zone. Virtual learning will be an option for students in grades kindergarten through fifth grade for the first semester and will be reevaluated and extended as necessary until a vaccine is authorized for children under the age of 12. A virtual option will not be offered to students in pre-kindergarten and for Grades 6-12.
Students who enroll in the virtual learning option will have a one-week delay to the start of the school year and will begin virtual classes Tuesday, August 24. On-campus instruction will continue to be available as the default learning environment for students in all grade levels starting with the first day of school on Tuesday, August 17.
The enrollment process for the Virtual Academy was held in early August. The district was able to accommodate requests for students in kindergarten through fifth grade.
VIRTUAL ACADEMY CRITERIA THROUGHOUT THE SEMESTER
- Keep camera on during instructional times
- Maintain attendance based on district guidelines
- Maintain satisfactory progress in all courses
- Attend all classes and tutorials as required
- Virtually attend testing sessions
- Maintain working technology throughout the year
- Read and acknowledge the district Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) regarding technology and the internet found in the DSISD Student Handbook, Appendix A.
- Complete & submit coursework on time
- Adhere to the Dripping Springs ISD Code of Conduct and behave with integrity and honesty while participating in the academy
TEA Guidelines require that students complete assignments one day at a time. Students may not work ahead or complete multiple assignments early in the week in order to be “off” the remainder of the week.
More information on the Virtual Academy as well as application links can be found below.