The health and safety of our staff and students remain our highest priority. Dripping Springs ISD is consistently implementing the Governor’s Executive Order GA-38, Texas Education Agency (TEA) Public Health Guidance, Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS), and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidance to the extent possible. The guide below is designed to help you find guidelines and information quickly and easily.
- Students, staff, and visitors are asked to self-screen daily
- Students, staff, and visitors who have symptoms of COVID-19 or an infectious illness are required to stay home
- Parents should notify the school nurse if a student tests positive for COVID-19
- Staff members who test positive for COVID-19 are not permitted at work and will be required to use personal or local leave
- Classroom and bus notifications will be sent for positive COVID-19 cases
- Positive COVID-19 cases are required to stay home
- Close contacts to positive COVID-19 cases are encouraged to stay home and qualifies as an excused absence
- Contact tracing will not be conducted however the district will notify parents if close contact with an individual with COVID-19 occurs
- Staff that are close contacts must produce a negative COVID test before returning
- Not required for students or staff
- Opportunities readily available in the Dripping Springs community for staff and students ages 12 and up
- Dividers may be requested by parents for use at student desks
- MERV-rated filters and increased air flow on campuses to improve air quality and filtration
- Buses operating with hatch and windows open to promote air circulation
- Recess will be held outside, weather permitting, with multiple play areas in consideration of safety and supervision
- Students may choose outdoor lunch seating, weather permitting. Parents should notify their child’s teacher to indicate preference
- Bus service will operate up to full capacity as dictated by route needs
- Water fountains and bottle fillers are available on campuses for student use
- Field trips will be permitted. Students may opt out, or have a parent provide transportation
- Limiting school cross-over between campuses where not credit-based
- Temporary hold on school-wide indoor assemblies and visitors at lunch
In accordance with applicable laws, Dripping Springs ISD officials must notify the local health authority and the Texas Education Agency of an individual who is confirmed positive for COVID-19. The purpose of this dashboard is to provide our staff and families with transparent communication. It shares positive cases of any staff member or student who has tested positive for COVID-19 and was on-campus during the time the individual was symptomatic or potentially contagious to others.
The COVID-19 case dashboard reflects cases that are reported to DSISD and which have been at a district facility. District personnel update the dashboard daily on regular business days.