Honors and Awards - Elementary
- Sycamore Springs Elementary has been certified as a Leader in Me "Lighthouse School," becoming one of only a few schools nationwide to achieve this status within three years of opening. This certification recognizes that the school has produced outstanding results in school and student outcomes.
- Dripping Springs Elementary has been certified as a Leader in Me "Lighthouse School" since the spring of 2018. In addition, DSE was selected as a 2018 Lighthouse School of Academic Distinction.
- Three schools in Dripping Springs ISD were winners of the prestigious statewide CREST (Counselors Reinforcing Excellence for Students in Texas) Award by the Texas School Counselor Association (TSCA) for the 2020-21 school year. Recognized schools are Dripping Springs Elementary, Rooster Springs Elementary and Sycamore Springs Elementary. For SSE, it is the third consecutive year to receive the honor.
- At the 2021 Hays County Livestock Show, Walnut Springs Elementary third-grader Truett Herzog earned Grand Champion status in Home Skills and DSE third-grader Stormy Cunningham earned Reserve Grand Champion in Market Goats.
- The creative work of six DSISD elementary students received Overall Awards of Excellence and qualified for the state contest in the 2021 PTA "Reflections" program based on artistic merit, creativity, mastery of the medium, and interpretation of the theme. RSE second-grader Amelia Grace Callas earned the highest recognition with the Excellence Award in the Literature category.
- Dripping Springs students of all ages are leaders within their community and often participate in community service activities. Schools and student organizations have raised money, volunteered their time, and collected supplies to support those in need. Elementary schools have been active with multiple causes, often led by student leadership groups such as Student Councils or campus Lighthouse Teams.