Substitute teachers, aides, and nurses play a vital role in ensuring that students’ daily routines, learning, and progress continue forward in a positive and effective manner while the teacher of record, instructional aide, or nurse is unavailable. Dripping Springs ISD values your interest in making this important contribution to the education of our students!
The district regularly adds new substitute teachers throughout the school year. Visit the Substitute Application Information page to see if applications are currently being accepted, and check DSISD's online application system for the latest postings.
Applicants will be contacted by e-mail approximately two weeks prior to the required substitute training course, and must complete a criminal history background check at their own expense. Additional paperwork will be delivered via the notification process and will need to be completed prior to the training course.
Substitute Pay Rates
Teachers and Instructional Aides:
Certifed/Licensed: $120 per day for the first 10 days
$150 per day after 10 days for the same teacher or instructional aide*
Non-Certified/Licensed: $110 per day for the first 10 days
$130 per day after 10 days for the same teacher or instructional aide*
* Teacher and aide substitutes will receive back pay at the long-term rate after working 10 consecutive days in the same long-term assignment, and continue at the long-term rate throughout the remainder of that assignment.
Commensurate with Minimum Daily Rate of Pay Grade for the assigned position in the Administrative/Professional Compensation Scale.
Auxiliary Staff Assignment:
Commensurate with directly related years of experience within Pay Grade assigned to the position:
- Bus Driver Assignment - $21.50+ per hour
- Bus Aide*, Custodial, Child Nutrition - $15.00+ per hour
- Child Care Provider - $15.00+ per hour
* Instructional Aides who add Bus Aide responsibilities to their assignment will be paid at their current Instructional Aide rate.