Tips for Contacting Legislators
- Chose a method for contacting the legislator – either by mail, e-mail or phone. Identify yourself by name as a constituent who values the education provided by Dripping Springs ISD and is concerned about how the state funding system is affecting our district.
- Focus on 2-3 of the key messages that you believe are the biggest issues facing DSISD and explain the potential effect they can have on your child’s education.
- Personalize messages and include examples. Form letters are not as meaningful.
- Express your expectation that the legislator will represent the interests of his constituents, including DSISD and its students by making education a priority in the legislative session.
- Thank the legislator for his/her efforts on behalf of our community and district.
- Sign your name and home address so that the legislator knows you are a constituent.