Build Elementary #6
The committee has recommended that the district build a sixth elementary school to be open as soon as the 2024-25 school year. The location for the sixth elementary school has not been finalized.
Key Facts about Elementary Growth in DSISD
- DSISD has seen a 16% enrollment increase among elementary students since October 2021 with more than 3,900 students currently enrolled.
- In recent years, DSISD has seen most of its growth on the eastern side within the district boundary.
- Growth in the central and western areas of the district is projected to be at a much faster rate in the coming years. The two elementary schools in this area are Dripping Springs Elementary (DSE) and Walnut Springs Elementary (WSE).
- As of March 21, 2022, DSE is at 104% capacity and is projected to be at or above 125% capacity as soon as the 2024-25 school year.
- Due to programming housed at DSE, this campus serves an additional 75 students.
- The WSE campus has equally challenging growth projections. The campus is currently at 96% capacity (as of March 21, 2022) and is projected to be at or above 135% capacity by 2024-25.
It is important to note, that even with a redistribution of students through rezoning, the district will be out of capacity to serve elementary students beginning in 2024-25.