Elementary School #5 (Darden Hill Rd.)
Scope of Work:
- Construct a new elementary school on the Darden Hill Rd. site; to be opened in August 2021
- Click here to view a map image of the DSISD-owned property
- Architects gathered stakeholder input at community meetings on August 27 and 28. The input received will assist architects in creating schematic designs for the site and the building.
- A site feasibility study was created showing possible locations of the elementary school, while leaving open the potential to add other buidlings on the site. The feasibility study was presented to the Board on September 16, 2019.
- A Design Input Committee was formed and will be meeting four times in the fall with the architects and representatives from the DSISD Facilities and Construction Department through the Schematic Design and Design Development phases.
- Design process has moved from Schematic Design into Design Development phase (Oct.)
- Communication with County on possible Darden Hill Road improvements continues
- Construction is tentatively slated to start in the summer of 2020