Elementary School #5 (Darden Hill Rd.)
Scope of Work:
- Construct a new elementary school on the Darden Hill Rd. site to be opened in August 2021
- Click here to view a map image of the DSISD-owned property
- Architects gathered stakeholder input at community meetings; the input received will assist architects in creating schematic designs for the site and the building.
- A site feasibility study was created showing possible locations of the elementary school, while leaving open the potential to add other buidlings on the site. The feasibility study was presented to the Board on Sept. 16, 2019.
- Design Input Committee met throughout the fall of 2019 with the architects and representatives from the DSISD Facilities and Construction Department
- Traffic studies
- Schematic Design process led into the Design Development phase
- Development of construction documents
- Bid process
- Guaranteed Maximum Price (GMP) #1 approved by the Board of Trustees
The school district and the county each have conducted traffic studies of this area. Based on the county’s plan to establish a traffic circle at the intersection of Sawyer Ranch Road and Darden Hill Road, and recommendations from the district and county project engineers, the entrance to Elementary #5 will align with the roundabout. Engineers currently are updating designs that will keep a large tree intact and maximize the traffic efficiency on Darden Hill Road; these will be posted when completed.
- Ongoing communication with County on Darden Hill Road improvements
- Erosion controls and sitework
- GMP #2 for building construction to board for approval
Groundbreaking Ceremony, June 22, 2020
PRESENTATIONS AND UPDATES