Elections for Dripping Springs ISD Board of Trustees positions are held each May, with either two or three seats coming up for re-election as terms are three years in length. DSISD trustees do not represent "places"; they are at-large representatives. The next election will be held May 2, 2020 when the terms of two board members will expire: Barbara Stroud and Ron Jones.
- Monday, April 20, 7:00 am to 7:00 pm
- Tuesday, April 21, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Wednesday, April 22, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Thursday, April 23, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Friday, April 24, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Saturday, April 25, 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
- Monday, April 27, 7:00 am to 7:00 pm
- Tuesday, April 28, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Saturday, May 2, 7:00 am to 7:00 pm
Notice of Voting Order Priority
An election officer may give voting order priority to individuals with a mobility problem that substantially impairs the person's ability to move around.
- A person assisting an individual with a mobility problem may also, at the individual's request, be given voting order priority.
- Disabilities and conditions that may qualify you for voting order priority include paralysis, lung disease, the use of portable oxygen, cardiac deficiency, severe limitation in the ability to walk due to arthritic, neurological, or orthopedic condition, wheelchair confinement, arthritis, foot disorder, the inability to walk 200 feet without stopping to rest, or use of a brace, cane, crutch, or other assistive device.
- Voters who wish to be given voting order priority, and be accepted for voting before others in line to vote at that polling place, may indicate this to any election officer serving at the polling place. The presiding election judge will determine whether the voter and the voter's assistant, if applicable, will be brought forward to the front of the line.
Becoming a School Board Member
The timeline to file a Candidate Application for the May 2020 election is January 15 through February 14. Applications may be filed at the DSISD administration building at 510 W. Mercer St., Dripping Springs.
Candidates for a school board of trustees in Texas must meet the following qualifications:
- Be a United States Citizen
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Not be mentally incapacitated (as defined in policy)
- Have not been convicted of a felony
- Be a resident of Texas and the district for a specified period of time (see policy)
- Be a registered voter from the territory of the office sought
See Board Policy BBA Legal for details on the above qualifications and other specific requirements.
Click here to download a candidate information packet.
For more information on filing for a place on the ballot:
School Board Candidate Academy
DSISD hosts a School Board Candidate Academy for those interested in becoming a School Board member. The 2020 academy is scheduled for February 5 at 6:00 p.m. in the DSISD board room.