Enrollment Dates: Open Enrollment is July 9 - August 23, 2019
Beginning September 1, the start of the new benefits plan year:
- the district will contribute $75 per month to each employee's Health Savings Account (HSA) or Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA), for employees enrolled in medical coverage through the district. This is an increase of $25 per month over 2018-19;
- the district will contribute $300 per month toward the cost of medical insurance for employees enrolled in medical coverage through the district. This is an increase of $25 per month over 2018-19;
- the individual maximum benefit for the Cigna Dental PPO High plan will increase to $1,750 per person per year (previously, it was $1,500);
- dental plan premiums will increase for all three dental plans; and
- premiums for the Critical Illness plan will change to "attained age" (the age you are now), rather than "age at issue." This means rates will decrease for some people, and increase for others.
Important Open Enrollment Facts
Passive Enrollment - If you do not need to make any changes to your benefit plans this year, you do not have to re-enroll*, and you will remain enrolled in the same plans for 2019-20.
*If you have a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or Dependent Care Account, you must re-elect a new contribution amount every year to continue to participate.
Even if you don't plan to make any changes, it's a good idea to go online once a year and review your benefit choices, address, e-mail and phone numbers, dependents listed, and beneficiary designations to be sure that everything is correct.
Keep your ID Cards - If you are not making plan changes, you will continue to use the same plan ID cards. Your NBS debit card for the HSA/HRA and/or FSA will not change, unless it has an expiration date of 9/1/2019.
Benefits HUB usernames and passwords - Usernames and passwords have been re-set to the default settings. Page 1 of the Enrollment Flyer has login instructions and information on the default usernames and passwords.
Three ways for returning employees to enroll
1. Self-enroll online: Go to the FBS Benefits HUB - available from July 9 to August 23
2. Enroll over the telephone: Call the FBS call center at 1-866-914-5202 (Spanish available) - available from July 22 to August 23
3. Enroll in person: One-on-one enrollment assistance at DSISD locations
New Employee Enrollment
All new employees must enroll in person with an FBS representative at one of the Campus or Central Office enrollment sessions offered on August 14, 16, or 19. (See the schedule below.) There will be a new teacher benefits information session during New Teacher Orientation, August 7-9, date, time, and location to be determined.
Useful LinksTRS ActiveCare Enrollment Guide (detailed information about TRS ActiveCare Plans)