Elections for Dripping Springs ISD Board of Trustees positions are held each May, with either two or three seats coming up for re-election as terms are three years in length. DSISD trustees do not represent "places"; they are at-large representatives. Two seats will be up for re-election in 2022: Marisa Grijalva and Joanna Day. The election will take place May 7, 2022.
- Information to come
Becoming a School Board Member
The timeline to file a Candidate Application will be noted here once that information is available. Applications may be filed:
- In person to: DSISD administration building at 510 W. Mercer St., Dripping Springs
- By mail to: DSISD, attn: Sheila Lamb, PO Box 479, Dripping Springs, TX 78620
- By email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates for a school board of trustees in Texas must meet the following qualifications:
- Be a United States Citizen
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Not be mentally incapacitated (as defined in policy)
- Have not been convicted of a felony
- Be a resident of Texas and the district for a specified period of time (see policy)
- Be a registered voter from the territory of the office sought
See Board Policy BBA Legal for details on the above qualifications and other specific requirements.
For More Information
School Board Candidate Academy
DSISD hosts a School Board Candidate Academy for those interested in becoming a School Board member. The date, time and location will be noted here at a later date.