At this time our Tuition Based Pre-k Program (2019-2020 school year) is full and we have started a waitlist per Elementary Campus. Please contact the L&I Office, at 512.858.3010 if you would like to be added to the waitlists.Tuition-Supported Pre-Kindergarten Program Registration Process
Tuition-Supported Pre-K Program for Out-of-District Students
- The district tries to place all Pre-K students at their attendance zone campus; however, unpredictable enrollment on campuses may prevent that from always happening.
- A $100 deposit fee will be collected at the time of registration. The registration fee may be submitted through the district's online payment system or brought in the form of a check during the times indicated for submission of documentation to complete the registration process. The link to access the district's online payment system is included as part of the online registration process, but may also be accessed by clicking here.
- Enrollment in the district's tuition-based prekindergarten program is determined by a lottery process. To be included in the lottery, individuals must have the online portion of the registration process completed and must submit all necessary enrollment documents and their registration fee. Registrants who meet these two criteria will be placed into a lottery process for the campus to which they are zoned. Notification of seats awarded through the lottery process will be provided in April.
- Individuals registering after the March registration window and after the lottery for enrollment has been conducted will be subject to the availability of seats based on enrollment and staffing numbers at each campus.
- If the student's home campus is full and there is availability in the Pre-K program on other campuses, a parent may choose to send their student to another campus. However, they would provide their own transportation and such transfer is limited to prekindergarten only.
- After all Pre-K positions have been filled, an official waiting list will be developed. At that time, anyone on the waiting list will have the $100 deposit returned.
- For those who have secured a position in the Pre-K program as of the first day of instruction and then decide not to participate, the deposit fee will not be returned. However, those who inform the district of non-participation prior to the first day of instruction will have the deposit refunded.
- A Student Transfer Application needs to be completed, along with the required registration forms for the Tuition-Supported Pre-K Program.
- There is a non-refundable $35 transfer application fee due at the time of registration, in addition to the $100 deposit fee.
- This application fee does not guarantee a place in the Pre-K program.
- Students who live in the district will be considered first if the program size is limited.
- Transportation is to be provided by the parent
State-Mandated Pre-Kindergarten ProgramTo be eligible for enrollment in the state-mandated Pre-K program, a child must be 4 years of age on or before Sept. 1, live in the district, and must:
- All Pre-K forms and registration forms must be completed at the time of registration.
- All enrollment documents must be provided before the child will be enrolled.
- Be unable to speak and/or comprehend the English language; or
- Be economically disadvantaged (qualify for free/reduced lunch); or
- Be homeless, as defined by 42 U.S.C. Section 11302, regardless of the residence of either parent of the child, or of the child's guardian or other person having lawful control of the child; or
- Be the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces who is ordered to active duty by proper authority; or
- Be the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces who was injured or killed while serving on active duty; or
- Is or ever has been in the conservatorship of the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services following an adversary hearing under Family Code 262.201.
- Be the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as a peace officer (3106.002), firefighter (3106.003), or emergency medical first responder (3106.004).
Documentation to verify qualifying reasons for enrollment is required at the time of registration. Examples of acceptable forms of documentation for qualification include:
Tuition-Supported Pre-Kindergarten Program
- Language proficiency assessment administered by the district;
- Pay stubs, tax return statements, verification of enrollment in a state/federal programs such as SNAP or Medicaid;
- Statement of Residence-homeless classification;
- Verification of parental enrollment in the armed forces;
- Verification of the child being in conservatorship the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services;
- Verification of parental employment as a peace officer, firefighter, or emergency medical first responder.
Children who are 4 years old on or before Sept. 1 and who do not qualify for either the Preschool Program for Children with Disabilities or the state-mandated pre-kindergarten program provided for qualifying students are eligible to enroll in the Tuition-Supported Pre-Kindergarten Program at Dripping Springs, Rooster Springs, Sycamore Springs or Walnut Springs Elementary School. The program follows the 177-day school calendar and is a full day (7:45 a.m.-3:00 p.m.).Residency/Student AdmissionA student must be 4 years old on or before Sept. 1 of that school year to attend as a tuition-supported pre-kindergarten student. Children who are five years old on or before Sept. 1 are eligible to attend public school kindergarten and are not eligible to participate in any pre-kindergarten program in DSISD.
The tuition-supported pre-kindergarten program is open to out-of-district transfer students as well as to children living within the Dripping Springs ISD community. There is a limited number of openings for these tuition-supported students at each elementary campus. Students should be registered on the campus in whose residency zone they reside. Out-of-district transfer students may request the campus of their choice; please read Transfer FAQs for detailed information.
Students who meet eligibility criteria for state or federally funded programs attend at no charge. Age requirements may differ for these programs.Tuition and Fees:(Updated Tuition information for the 2019-2020 school year)Annual tuition is $5,800 per student. A $100 deposit fee, payable at registration, will be deducted from the total tuition. There are three payment options:
1) If the total annual tuition is paid in full in advance, with a check or credit card, a $200 discount will be applied ($5,500 payable on or before the first day of the fall semester).
2) If each semester’s tuition is paid in advance, a $100 discount will be applied ($2,750 payable on or before the first day of each semester).
3) Parents who wish to pay on a monthly basis must agree to automatic payment from a debit or credit card, and no discount will apply. Tuition programs are limited to available space on each campus.
The district may not adopt a tuition rate for the pre-kindergarten program that is higher than necessary to cover the added costs of providing the program, including any costs associated with collecting, reporting, and analyzing data under Section 29.1532 (c) and must submit the proposed tuition rate to the commissioner for approval.