SSMS Online Instruction Cadence/Schedule
Sixth Six Weeks (2019-2020)
Reminder: Keep it Simple!
- Please keep in mind that students are in wildly different situations - everything from students who are bored and need things to do, to students with no support at home that can’t access a device/are sharing it with five other people. Keep things as simple as possible, but offer opportunities for extensions to students who want to do more.
- Admin and counselors will help with “no-show” students - reaching out to families to determine their situation
- Lessons to be posted by: Mondays at 9:00 a.m.
- Work due by: the following Sunday evening, 10:00 p.m.
SSMS Campus Agreed Lesson Schedule
Band instrument practice
Strength and Conditioning &
6th grade Athletic Dev
Expectations (adjustments highlighted):
- Focus on Essential Skills for next grade level
- Include Relevance and Choice in lessons
- Using Canvas Modules to deliver content via Modules
- Office Hours Twice per Week
- New Learning - Record yourself teaching a lesson (and post) OR provide a resource that does the same
- Weekly assignments should include Must Do and Can Do (enrichment)
- Numerical Grades to be given
- All formative grades - equal weighting for all assignments
Recommended schedule for students to follow:
Follow your A/B schedule at home. Keep it simple. Stay in the rhythm. Don’t try to do every class, every day. Lessons are chunked to support completion over the course of a week. Reach out to your teacher if you need support.