EYES WITH PRIDE!
The band program in Dripping Springs ISD is about more than just music and marching, although DSISD bands at all levels consistently deliver performances of the highest caliber and earn top ratings and enthusiastic praise from contest judges. Band students on the whole tend to be high achievers in academics and other extracurricular undertakings. The self-discipline and pride in excellence instilled by the band program foster habits of excellence and success that students carry with them outside of the band hall and into their lives beyond school.
Tiger Band & Color Guard Website
HIGH SCHOOL BANDS AND COLOR GUARD
The high school band program continues students’ musical education at more advanced levels, and is expanded to include Marching Band, Wind Ensemble, Symphonic and Concert Bands, Jazz Band, Percussion Class, and Color Guard.
- The Dripping Springs High School Winter Drumline was the 2014 Texas Color Guard Circuit State Champion in the Scholastic Marching A Class.
- The 2011 Tiger Band is the UIL 4A State Marching Band Silver Medal winner. In 2009, the band was the UIL 4A State Marching Band Champion. The Tiger marching band has been a UIL State Finalist in Class 2A, 3A, and 4A.
- The DSHS Symphonic band was ranked fourth in state at the TMEA Honor Band Contest in 2009, and the Wind Ensemble was fifth in 2011.
- DSHS bands consistently earn the UIL Sweepstakes Award.
- Students in the DSHS band program have made the TMEA region, area, and all-state bands.
- Students in the DSHS band program participate in the UIL Region and State solo and ensemble contest.