Dripping Springs Elementary will be launching a new intervention program for kindergartners: Tiger Readers. Volunteers will be paired with a small group of students who need additional support in letter recognition, sight words, writing and reading skills.
Contact Nichol Lee for more information at 512-983-0532 or
What does a Volunteer do? Volunteers will work with students to increase various skills.
- Letter recognition using an Alphabet Arc
- Increasing sight word skills using a new reading book program
- Creating an Interactive Notebook to incorporate writing and reading skills
- Builds a positive relationship with the small group of students
Important Dates and Times
- Meeting Time: Tuesday and Thursday
- Session Time: 11:20 – 12:20 - Session signups will be every 15 min.
- Volunteer Training:
- September 22 @ 8am
- September 27 @ 2pm
Each volunteer will need to commit to a one year term. Volunteers will be required to go through a training process, get a criminal background check, and sign a confidentiality form.