Each year the DSISD Board of Trustees re-evaluates and adopts its Core Beliefs, Core Commitments, Vision and Mission. The Board's Core Beliefs, Core Commitments, Vision and Mission reflect the long-term direction for the district. The following document was updated in the summer of 2015 and adopted August 25, 2015.
• Each child has unique worth and potential.
• Our schools and our staff have the power to positively change each child’s life.
• It is the responsibility of the school district, the student, the family and the community together to identify, nurture and develop each child’s individual talent and passion.
• We are committed to developing leaders, one child at a time.
• We are committed to empowering our teachers, staff, and administrators to foster the skills of critical thinking, communication, collaboration, and creativity.
• We are committed to identifying, nurturing, and developing each individual’s talent and passion.
We inspire and equip students to be life-long learners and positive contributors to the world.
We partner with students, parents and the community to provide a personalized and exceptional education for every student.