Out of District Transfers
Building/Buying a Residence in Dripping Springs
- DSISD is not currently accepting any new open-enrollment transfer requests. However, if your child is enrolled in Dripping Springs High School as an open-enrollment student for the 2016-17 school year, they will be allowed to continue at DSISD until they graduate. A transfer request form and the $35 transfer application fee will be required each year. Additionally, siblings of these students will be allowed to apply for open enrollment at Dripping Springs High School. Siblings must submit a transcript and discipline record the first year they apply and must submit a transfer request form and the $35 application fee each year they apply.
Inter-District Transfer for Remainder of the School Year
- Move-in date must be within 120 days of the transfer application.
- A copy of the new home contract showing the address and
estimated move-in date and a $35 transfer application fee* must be
submitted with the Transfer Application Form.
Dripping Springs ISD Employee Child Transfer
- If you are moving out of the district and wish your student to
remain in a Dripping Springs ISD school for the remainder of the school
year, submit the Transfer Application Form along with a $35 transfer application fee*.
- If approved, the transfer will be applicable only through the end of the current school year.
- A district employee who lives outside of the DSISD attendance zone may request a transfer for their child to attend DSISD schools. Submit the Transfer Application Form. No fee is required.
Dripping Springs ISD Employee Child Zone-to-Zone Transfer
- A district employee who works at a different campus from the one
their residence is zoned for may request a transfer for their child to
attend the campus at which they work.
- Submit the Transfer Application Form. No transfer fee is required.
Grandfathering at Current Campus (2017-18 School Year Only)
who have been re-zoned to attend Sycamore Springs Elementary and/or Sycamore
Springs Middle School may request that incoming fifth- and/or eighth-grade students remain
at their current campus for the 2017-18 school year only. In addition, the
Board of Trustees approved a plan that allows siblings of grandfathered fifth-
and eighth-graders to also remain at their current campus for one year (so that
families are not separated). However, the district will NOT provide
transportation to students who are grandfathered to their previously assigned campus.
Starting with the 2018-19 school year, all elementary and middle school
students will be required to attend the campus to which they are zoned.
who wish to participate in the grandfathering option must submit a separate Transfer Application Form for each student for
the 2017-18 school year. Because enrollment numbers affect staffing decisions
at all schools, applications must be
submitted by March 31, 2017.
- Transfer students are NOT eligible for district-provided transportation to or from school.
- Transfer students must reapply each year.
To Submit a Transfer Application Form
- Deliver to Sheila Lamb at the DSISD Central Office at 510 W Mercer St or
- Email to or
- Mail to: Sheila Lamb
PO Box 479
Dripping Springs, TX 78620
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
*Transfer Fee Information
- The transfer application fee is $35 per child, up to 3 children. For three or more children the fee is capped at $105.
- The fee is non-refundable.
- Payment must be received before the transfer request can be processed.
- Payment may be made with cash, check, money order, or credit card.
- Credit card payments must be made through the Dripping Springs ISD Online Payment System.