At Dripping Springs ISD, Physical Education programs are an integral part of every student's education. DSISD believes that students will perform better in the classroom and in all phases of life when they have an active lifestyle and feel positive about their physical development. PE programs include a multitude of activities at all levels so that each student can experience success.
Alternative Physical Education Vendor List
Application for PE Credit Through Alternative Options
Alternative PE Credit Attendance & Grade Form
In an effort to improve children's health through the public school system, state law now requires that the Fitnessgram physical fitness assessment be
administered to all students in Grades 3-12 who are enrolled in a Physical Education course or a course for which physical education credit is awarded. At the end of the school year, a parent may submit a written request to obtain the results of his or her child's physical fitness assessment conducted during the school year.
Information for Alternative PE Providers
The application window for the 2017-18 school year was March 10, 2017
through April 13, 2017. The application period is now closed.
There are two program categories:
Category I - Olympic-level participation and/or competition
Category II - Private or commercially sponsored physical activities that are not Olympic level but are certified by the superintendent of schools to be of high quality
- Students must be supervised a minimum of 15 hours per week with highly intensive professional training
- The training facility, instructors, and the activities involved in the program are certified by the superintendent of schools to be of exceptional quality
- Students qualifying and participating at this level may be dismissed from school no more than one period per day
- Students do not miss any class other than physical education to participate in the program
- Students are well supervised by appropriately trained instructors
- Students participate in the physical activity for at least five hours per week
- Students certified to participate at this level are not dismissed from any part of the regular school day