1. Bus drivers cannot change bus routes or designated stops without authorization from the Transportation Department.
2. Bus routes are established to assist eligible students to attend schools using designated stops.
3. Parents are responsible for supervising their children and selecting their children’s walking route to and from bus stops.
4. Buses operate only on roads that are properly maintained and considered safe and appropriate for school bus travel. There are roads in Hays County that school buses do not travel on, usually due to road surface, inadequate turnaround or roads that are too narrow.
5. Bus routes are not established for the purpose of delivering students to their individual residences.