Dripping Springs ISD
Elementary Art Department
• The umbrella for all fundamental learning.
• Essential visual literacy.
• A core subject as the foundation for all other subjects.
• Are certified Art Educators, teaching the Elements of Art and
Principles of Design based on the Art TEKS.
• Are in alignment with the Fortune 500 top requests for future
• Prepare students with the necessary skills to advance in the 21st
century, from Kindergarten to their career lives:
1. Trigger prior knowledge.
2. Actively engage students.
3. Initiate higher-level thinking.
4. Utilize problem solving.
5. Develop independent thinkers.
WHY WE ARE SUCCESSFUL...
• We give students a voice.
• We see every child as gifted.
• We bridge gaps between divergent learning, through
• We gain aesthetics and cultural appreciation.
• We value the process as well as the product.